We deliver the finest care at the most reasonable costs to our patients, therefore payment is due at the time service. For your convenience we accept cash, personal checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and Care Credit. Care Credit offers interest free loans through an independent company and allows payment over time. Our financial coordinators are happy to help you through the application process, it usually only takes a few minutes to apply and determine eligibility.
If you provide us with your insurance information at the time of your visit, we will contact your insurance company directly, whether in network or out of network, and we will submit a claim on your behalf. We do this as a courtesy to you, and we are committed to helping you maximize your benefits. Please understand that we are not responsible for how your insurance company manages its claims, what benefits they pay on a claim, or what they will or will not do with your claim. We only file on your behalf as a courtesy to you. Most insurance companies will respond within four to six weeks.
Since all insurance carriers differ in their reimbursement rates depending on policy language, there may be out of pocket expenses required at the time of service. We do our best to determine the amount that your policy will pay for a specific procedure, and we are required to receive payment from you for the portion that we believe will not be covered. If we collect too much from you initially, we will generate a refund immediately once the claim is settled.
Meanwhile, we will send you a monthly statement to reflect any unpaid claim. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect payments made by your insurance company during that time period.
Please remember that you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage. Any remaining balance after your insurance has paid its portion is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is very much appreciated.
We will send you a monthly statement. Most insurance companies will respond within four to six weeks. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect payments made by your insurance company during that time period. Any remaining balance after your insurance has paid its portion is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is appreciated. We can make arrangements for a monthly payment plan, but that must be implemented prior to any actual procedures.
More information about Insurance:
Fact #1- No insurance plan covers 100% of all procedures!
Most plans pay between 50%-80% of the average total fee. The percentage paid is usually determined by how much you or your employer has paid for coverage, or the type of contract your employer has chosen.
Fact #2- Your benefits are not determined by our office!
Insurance is a contract between you and your employer or insurance company. Since insurance companies set their own schedules of benefits, each company uses a different set of fees that they consider to be “allowable”, or UCR (meaning “usual, customary, or reasonable.”) Often times this does not reflect the accurate cost of treatment, therefore sometimes our fees may be higher than the UCR. Please know that our fees have been set fairly, so that we can offer the best care possible, not the level of care that the insurance company wants to pay for.
Fact #3- Deductibles and Co-Pays must be considered!
To illustrate, consider our fee for a service to be $150. Assuming that the insurance company will allow $150 as its usual and customary (UCR) fee, we can figure out the benefits that will be paid. First you may have a co-pay of, let’s say, $50. That leaves a balance of $100. If your plan pays 80%, you will be responsible for the remaining 20%, or in other words $20. Therefore your cost for treatment is $70. If your UCR is less than $150 or your plan only pays 50%, then your insurance benefits will be significantly less.
Again, we are here to assist you with your claim! If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact us at XXXXX. Many times, a simple telephone call can clear up any misunderstandings.